søndag 29. mai 2011

Journals on the brain!

I LOVE norwegian sayings in English!
"Goodbye on the bathroom you old chocolate!" - In our defense, it rhymes in norwegian. ;-)

But that's not the point of this post, because I really have journals on the brain.
I can't think of anything else these days. I should revise for my exam, and I do...., occationally.
When I am off to Africa this summer, and to Canada for that matter, I want to take a real nice looking leather journal so I can write about what I experience. If there is one thing I have learned from all those years in school, it is that memory is forever fickle. ;-)
I also want the possibility of sticking a few photos in there, so it can't be one of those mini leather journals. AND, I am very picky about it, and want the perfect one, so I have scoured the internet and come up with some favourites.
I am really not a good writer or what not, so I think I will have more of a scrapbook approach.
Drawing a bit, jotting down some thoughts, important events (I have now touched a cheetah!), and so on. 

"The Nomad" Distressed Leather Journal
Amazon.com

Click to Enlarge
La Bella Vita & Company
- I think this one is gorgeous, but I'm gonna choose 
"bombshell" leather instead of this on the picture. 
Bombshell leather resembles the leather on the journal 
two down. And the quote will be one related to travel, 
or my initials.


FREE SHIPPING Personal travel Camel Leather Bound Black Blank Diary/Journal/Notebook/Sketchbook-A perfect Gift

Large Brown Handmade Leather Journal / Sketchbook / Wedding Guestbook  . wood button (320pgs)
Etsy - La Paperie
This is a possible winner. It's large, and can keep
a lot of pictures, tickets, ramblings, etc.

Handcrafted leather book, fossil embellishment, with fine art paper 9x7

On the Wings of  Valkyries... Handmade Leather Journal with a Wing

FREE SHIPPING- Monk Leather Journal


Rogue Journals - Hemingway's Favourite
Beautiful! Hemingway's Favourite might be my favourite to.


Large Handbound Leather Journal / Sketch / Guestbook . Deep Burgundy with Golden Hook Clasp . 9x6 . 320 pgs




"Not all those who wander are lost" ~J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."  ~Charles Kuralt

"There are only two emotions in a plane:  boredom and terror."  ~Orson Welles

"Just get on any major highway, and eventually it will dead-end in a Disney parking area large enough to have its own climate, populated by large nomadic families who have been trying to find their cars since the Carter administration."  ~Dave Barry

"If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport."  ~George Winters

"It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent." ~Dave Barry



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar